When Israel Adesanya fights Alex Pereira on November 12, he expects a real fight at UFC 281.The fight for Adesanya's UFC middleweight title will not feature a gun-shy Pereira, a respected kickboxer who has two victories over Adesanya. This is in contrast to Adesanya's previous bouts.

The contest for Adesanya's middleweight title will take place at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Adesanya (12-1) is of the opinion that Pereira's lack of cage experience will be a factor, despite the fact that Pereira is 3-0 in the octagon and poses a different challenge than Jared Cannonier, Yoel Romero, and Robert Whittaker.At the UFC 281 press conference, Adesanya said that he will knock Pereira to the ground.

Adesanya stated to ESPN via MMA Fighting, "No, I don't think [he presents the toughest challenge]."He has very little depth.I'm even happier to acquire him now because he is still relatively new to the game.Who he has on his side is unknown to me.I am aware that he has his boxing coach and Glover Teixeira.I don't really care about their background; I just worry about me.In the cage, I am certain that he is not as intelligent as I am.I am certain of that."

MORE:Sign up to watch the UFC 281 PPV only on ESPN+. Adesanya joined the UFC in 2018 after losing to Pereira in his last kickboxing match.He has successfully defended the UFC middleweight title five times since winning it in 2019.

Since joining the UFC in 2021, Pereira has defeated individuals such as Bruno Silva, Andreas Michailidis, and Sean Strickland.Adesanya stated that Pereira was "going to get frozen, like Elsa" at UFC 276.Pereira is unfazed by the champion, who comes into the fight with the advantage over Adesanya.By confronting the Disney star Adesanya compared him to, he demonstrated that by entering Time Square in New York City.

Zhang won the title in 2020 over Joanna.Zhang stormed back after losing the belt and two consecutive bouts to Rose Namajunas by defeating Joanna in June.Joanna then took a break.

The heavy underdog is Esparza, who was booed mercilessly by UFC fans in New York this week.She isn't letting any uncertainty of her reign impede her objective.

Esparza told MMA Fighting, "It's funny."Early on in my career, I would say things like, "hey, I'm a good fighter!" and it would kind of bum me out.But now all it does is make me laugh and smile.I know that I have a little secret, but when people say that this or that will happen, I just think, OK, but deep down, as you'll see, I have my secret.

MORE:In MMA, how does scoring work?

However, I do not need to discuss it.Since I started working there, that has been my coach's and my team's style.Talk only inside the cage.I do not need to inform you of my actions.I'll demonstrate it for you.

Highlights and live coverage from UFC 281 will be provided by The Sporting News.Keep tuned!

Highlights from UFC 281 live at 11:40 p.m.:The women's strawweight title fight between Zhang Weili and Carla Esparza will be the co-main event.

Michael Chandler is knocked out by Dustin Poirier in the third round of an absolute war at 11:31 p.m.:Because Poirier took advantage of a gassing Chandler, reversed a slam attempt to get his back, and sunk in a rear naked choke for the finish, it won't matter if that second round was scored 10-8.Unreal.However, it is as anticipated.Absolutely outstanding.

11:28 p.m.:In the previous round, Chandler dominated with submission attempts and ground and pound and snuffed out Poirier's momentum with an early takedown.Could it be a round of 10-8?